Mini Display to HDMI (adapter or cable) HELP

Reaction score
I DID search, I didnt find anything that answered my question. So, I just picked up a new monitor, asus ve278q, not a bad deal, but I want to hook it up using HDMI, and I have found 2 possible ways of doing it. Either the monoprice mdp to hdmi adapter and then run a standard hdmi cable from it to my monitor OR I found (also on monoprice) a single cable that runs from mdp to hdmi. Will the single cable actually work (I dont see why not, but you never know) and if so, which do you guys recommend doing (the cable or adapter). Thanks ahead of time.

here is a link to the cable For only $6.58 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3ft 32AWG Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable - White | Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cables

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I've used both. Either works. I did have some Font issues when going into HDMI into an HP monitor though - So I stopped using the HP Monitor with my MBP. Other monitors I had no trouble with the monoprice hdmi cable. I have a monoprice mdp to dvi which I use into an older monitor and that also works fine. So basically - I've tried mdp to vga, mdp to hdmi, the cable that is mdp to hdmi and all work well with most monitors that I have tried except for this one HP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.