Cracked Case - MacBook

Reaction score
I noticed a slight chip/crack on the case of my MacBook....I'm not sure how this happened, but it's there. It is on the top, like above the light on the front. It is pretty tiny, but I'm still worried about things getting into it. Does anyone know of anything I can do? Will Apple replace anything on it? Got a couple of pics uploaded, but they are a little blurry...took them with my phone.

Thanks for the help!

B-Worthey

IMG00126.jpg

IMG00127.jpg

Reaction score
Apple will replace it if you are willing to pay, it'll probably be more expensive than it is worth since Apple replacement parts are pricey enough by themselves then when you add labor it gets way up there.

OP
B
Reaction score
Do you think that slight crack is gonna pose any problems with my comp? Dust, etc, getting in there?

Reaction score
Nah, there are plenty of vents in your system already that would allow dust in, I don't think that small crack will make any difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
That is a known issue that is considered to be a fault and Apple will repair it free of charge. My wife's MacBook had exactly the same problem.

OP
B
Reaction score
That is a known issue that is considered to be a fault and Apple will repair it free of charge. My wife's MacBook had exactly the same problem.

That makes sense about there already being plenty of vents.

How would I go about getting it fixed through Apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
If you are close to an Apple store, just book an appointment in the genius bar. Otherwise, I guess call them and ask where you should send it for the repair.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Link to your find your local apple store and make an appointment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Had the same problem here. Made a appointment at the Apple Store and got it fixed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.