Cool book?

Reaction score
Hey guys, anybody tried an application called 'cool book' to reduce temp probs with the Macbook?

Found the link on Macworld.com, sorry don't know how 2 paste the link here.

Just been reading about it's benefits, sure would be great 2b able to surf on yr lap.

Mine gets almost radioactive after a while and is now confined 2 sitting on a table when in use for prolonged periods.

Appreciate anything back, thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I don't about about CoolBook, but I use a program called SMCfancontrol which does the trick of cooling down my MacBook very nicely.

Q

Quruli

I have to say that is an excellent programme, but what is the max fan speed of the fans, is it 6000rpm?

Reaction score
you shouldnt have to turn the fans up past 3500, id stay under 3500 and stay on the safe side.

Q

Quruli

What reasoning do you have that?

Nevermind found it myself. I will bare that in mind. Lucky I never used it at 6,000rpm for more than a few minutes.

P

phatgreatwall

the shareware version does not allow u to change the cpu frequency, which isnt much use. however i did purchase the full software for 10US dollars, which isnt a bad deal at all, and now i can control the CPU frequency, which makes it a lot better because im in class all the time, and the stupid fan noise is so loud ppl start to look at me, so now i can make it operate at 1GHz and lower the fan speed with the smcFanControl, 2 best combo softwares ever in my mind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.