Office 2004

Reaction score
I'm using office 2004, the problem I have is with Excel.

When you are moving from one cell to another it is very differcult to see were you are unless you look at the columns at the top and rows on the left.

Is there any way of increasing the highlight of the cell you are currently in. i.e when you move over each cell you can actually see were you are.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
mogwi said:
I'm using office 2004, the problem I have is with Excel.

When you are moving from one cell to another it is very differcult to see were you are unless you look at the columns at the top and rows on the left.

Is there any way of increasing the highlight of the cell you are currently in. i.e when you move over each cell you can actually see were you are.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same trouble. The setting is NOT in Excel. It is in your SYSTEM PREFERENCES. To change the color in Excel (and everywhere else) do the following:

System Preferences --> Appearance. Change "Highlight Color" (for selected text) to your preferred color. I have found that RED works best. Once you have made the change you will need to restart EXCEL (if it is open when you make the change in Sys. Prefs.) for the change to take effect.

Hope that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.