Iphone

Reaction score
I dunno if im in the right thread... So I have an iphone 5, IOS 7, and I just recently lost it, so i turned on the find my iphone, and the activation lock... but then the phone was returned to me, but it was restored, so i tried activating it, but it wouldnt let me, and when i go to turn off activation lock it tells me that i am not the apple id user of this device, anyways... is there anyway I can bypass the activation lock? without having to put in my apple id? cause it says its wrong...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You say it was restored? Does that mean someone wiped it before you locked it. If they did and put their ID in and locked it you're a bit stuck.
Make an appointment at the Apple store is the best advice. If you have the original purchase documents and or box with the IMEI number that matches the phone they may accept that as proof of ownership

OP
Reaction score
It still says it is my apple id, and I dont have any of that cause i bought it off of kijiji a year ago...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If it's still showing your ID it can't have been restored. That's a good thing.

Have you been onto Apple - Support - Apple ID and reset your password?

OP
Reaction score
no, it wont let me, and it has been restored because its back at the activation screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A phone that's been genuinely restored won't have the ID pre-populated. Someone must have entered it.

But that aside, until you can log in online with your Apple ID you won't be able to do anything with the phone. A call to Apple to resolve your ID login issue is the first step

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
no, it wont let me, and it has been restored because its back at the activation screen.

I think you have misunderstood Mr Plow. He is saying you should go to this address in a web browser:

https://appleid.apple.com

That will allow you to set your Apple ID password to a known value. Then use that confirmed password on your iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.