XP Home in Fusion NO AUDIO???

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I really need some help from someone who knows there stuff with Fusion and Macs etc. I would greatly appreciate it. I have seen similar issues on this forum for Vista etc and the fixes do not seem to help for Xp Home Edition. I have a Mac Pro tower (quad 2.66 ghz with 5 gig of RAM using Tiger...the lastest version since Pro Tools is not yet compatible with Leopard) and I do audio work so I have Pro Tools installed on my computer with a Digi002 rack module.

Here is the problem. I bought Fusion and an OEM version of Windows XP Home to install on the Mac. I installed everything fine and set everything up except there is no audio on the Windows side. Mac side is fine. I have checked about everything I know to check. I made sure the audio is connected in the Fusion interface in the Sound settings.

I did have some tell me to look in the Library/Audio/Plug-ins/HAL folder and pull the plug-ins out of the HAL folder and to the desk top. The plugs are as follows:

iSightAudio.plugin
DigidesignCoreAudio.plugin
DVCProHDAudio.plugin

Here's the deal. When I drag those plugins to the desktop before running a virtual Windows session, I get audio now on the PC side. My question is....is there a better way to fix this. I cannot install Leopard with Bootcamp because of compatibility issues with Pro Tools etc. Is there somewhere I can go online to download a fix or some missing drivers that I need. Or do you know which plugin might the be the culprit and can be removed (other than the DigiDesign Plugin...I need that one I think). I don't have any iSight camera on this Mac....just a cinema display. So can I delete the iSight plug?

Anyway, I will keep pulling the plugins to the desktop before launching into Fusion as a temporary fix for now. If anyone has any ideas I would be greatly appreciative. By the way, I logged a help request with VM Ware Fusion last week and they still have not answered my request.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.