Macbook air issue

Reaction score
I have a macbook air, 1.7 i5, 128gb ssd.Still under warranty. I have arrived back home to find it not working.

Firstly it booted up fine but in the menu bar it say no wifi hardware installed. Couldnt get wifi going so turned mac off then when trying to start it up it will not boot, will do nothing.

No one is room all day, air on my desk with charger in all day.(as always)

Battery is fully charged, and when the charger is in, its solid green.

Any ideas, mac cost me £1100, im freaking out..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Off to the Apple store with it.

OP
M
Reaction score
It cost me £20 in fuel and £4 parking to get to my nearest apple store. Will they even consider covering that cost.

Ive never been to the apple store with a hardware problem. Do I have to make an appointment.

Is there no freephone customer care.

I also did not buy the air direct from apple, I got it from very.co.uk, is that still ok...

Sorry for all the questions..:Smirk:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Apple warranty does not cover the cost of fuel and parking, at least here in the US. I can't speak for the UK. It doesn't matter if you purchased it direct from Apple or another store, the warranty is still valid.

Free telephone support expires after 90 days unless you specifically purchased Apple care which extends that to three years. (Again that's for the US, your coverage may be different in the UK.)

And yes, it's always a good idea to phone ahead and make an appointment with the Genius bar before taking the machine to them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.