Have I neglected to setup some color option? (web/photoshop)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Ok, whenever I used to design pages with photoshop on my PC, I never had any problem with the colors saving properly and matching up with my hex colors. Whenever I've done it lately I'll get a hex color and save the image, and when loading it up in a browser the colors don't match up right. This usually happens when saving as a gif, not as much when saving as jpg. I'm not sure if I'm being specific enough, hopefully you guys can understand what I'm asking. Maybe it's defaulting to the wrong type of index in indexed color mode. I believe the mac is defaulting to exact colors, while the PC i'd use maybe.....web colors? I can't recall.

C

ChicoWeb

Couple things you should check. Make sure you are in RGB mode and not CMYK (create a new document, and at the bottom it will ask for the mode, or in the Image menu > mode > RBB), and when you save for web, check your quality. You probably want to have at least 32 to 64 colors, if not 128. It'd start there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.