Software Update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Hi

I just shifted to MAC. I bought a macbook a week back. Since then I have been installing all the updates regularly.

Now what I want to know is what about the updates..specially the security updates which were released before I bought my macbook. Where can I check if they're updated and if they are not updated is it required to be updated??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well I always thought the latest security update was all you needed for your mac. And it is all inclusive of what your mac needs. So there's no point looking for all the old ones.

Reaction score
The updates tend to come in two flavors. First is the all-inclusive. Like if you were forced to reinstall your system, when you reboot, the Software Update would go get the combo installer and you would be brought to the current version in one huge step. Apple doesn't make you install dozens of pieces, a security update, a Java update, a USB driver update.
However, periodically there are little patches for Java, USB, Safari, etc. But they get rolled into major updates, so you don't need to hunt down old releases.

OP
smartyMAC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Thanks guys... thanks for your advise.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.