• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

not too many switchers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
hey

i would prefer that the number of switchers should be limited
so that we could remain an elite band.

i would'nt want every tom, **** and harry buying macs and getting to use OSX and finding out that its much better - would you?

maybe about 10% of users would be about right, if we get too many on board
we could end up being like windows and microsoft and everything would stop working properly

just a thought
regards :doctor:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Z

zap2

All people should use OSX, we still would be the elite, not all mac users would come n a Mac Forum only elite users would. I would like a people to use Mac OSX then OSX would take gaming from Windows!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i, too prefer to share OSX, and love to help out people, and i always need help myslef, if you don't like them, don't read their posts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Well, first off, I don't think anyone should "switch" per se. I think that people can learn a new OS, and buy a new computer, but should never give up one for the other. "Switching" completely is a a bad idea in my opinion, as you may need to use a different OS for some things, and getting rid of and swearing off a particular OS is just plain foolish. :black:
brendan67 said:
maybe about 10% of users would be about right, if we get too many on board
we could end up being like windows and microsoft and everything would stop working properly
I have to disagree with this logic. How exactly would the number of users and consumers of OS X, have any affect on the inherent stability and security of the OS? Why would the OS suddenly "stop working properly" if more people used it? :confused:

Z

zap2

I can using a Mac when you have a choice and a PC when have to( or vice versu) switching, my school uses MS but i haev "switched" to Mac OSX

M

MartinAustin

brendan67 said:
i would prefer that the number of switchers should be limited so that we could remain an elite band.
I think you're confusing exclusivity with elitism. As far as every tom, **** and harry buying Macs, I'm sure Steve Jobs would love to see it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Somehow I'm elite just because I bought a particular brand of product? Or maybe the brand is elite, and I'm just lucky that the company's willing to take my money?

The Mac market for software, peripherals, and other products depends on the possibility of growth. Trying to limit the growth of the platform in any way would put support for the Mac at risk. And without support, the platform fails, no matter how elite it is.

S

sursuciofla

I would love Apple to become a World Power and Steve Jobs to be Commander-In-Chief.

IMPEACH BUSH FOR JOBS!!!!!! - There is a pun here.

G

gogreen

I hope too many people don't switch to mac. Then i won't be able to laugh at my friends when their Windows XP has 5 viruses and needs a reformat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.