Defaulting Boot partitions

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been trying to do multi-boot on my new imac and so far it's been going alright.

I've been trying to install a stripped down version of windows xp (and later maybe a version of linux.) So far Windows hasn't been able to boot because of an unrecognized driver issue, but that is something I can figure out on my own.

But I would like to know how to make Leopard the default booting partition. Right now, when my computer is booted up, it automatically goes and shows me a few lines of code and tells me Windows could now boot ( Meaning it's defaulting to the Windows partition --and not the leopard partition which is what I want.

So far I've had to hold down the option key on startup to choose the leopard partiton manually.

Is there a way to default the leopard partition on startup? &/ or is there a boot application that allows you to choose which operating system/HD partiton you want without holding option down?

thank you if anyone can chime in!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
System Preferences -> System -> Startup Disk.

Choose your Macintosh HD.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.