Please could someone help?

Reaction score
Please could someone help I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit installed on my MacBook Pro via Boot Camp but I'm having some problems because when I go to the Devices and Printers Control Panel I get this and then if I right click and select Troubleshoot from the dropdown menu I get this and if I click on the "Apply This Fix" it fails to install the driver and I get the following and if I click on "View detailed information" I get the following? :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you installed the drivers from your Snow Leopard DVD? And have you updated your version of Boot Camp to 3.2? (you do that from within Windows 7)

OP
T
Reaction score
Have you installed the drivers from your Snow Leopard DVD? And have you updated your version of Boot Camp to 3.2? (you do that from within Windows 7)

Yes I have tried reinstalling the drivers numerous times to no avail and I do have Boot Camp 3.2. Someone on another forum said that it was a "USB driver issue" and that I needed to "re-install bios, and usb drivers"? Do you or anyone else know how to go about doing this? Also would this fix the "Generic PnP Monitor"? Thanks.

Tom

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Mac machines do not have or use a BIOS so that advice is not applicable. The USB drivers should have been installed along with other drivers from your Snow Leopard DVD. If you've already installed BC 3.2 you have the latest. I really do not understand why you're getting that USB error.

Have you tried opening the hardware tree in Windows 7 to see what it indicates about the USB bus? You can access the hardware tree from Control Panel, System, Hardware devices.

The Generic PNP Monitor entry is normal for Windows. You do not need to worry about that.

OP
T
Reaction score
Mac machines do not have or use a BIOS so that advice is not applicable. The USB drivers should have been installed along with other drivers from your Snow Leopard DVD. If you've already installed BC 3.2 you have the latest. I really do not understand why you're getting that USB error.

Have you tried opening the hardware tree in Windows 7 to see what it indicates about the USB bus? You can access the hardware tree from Control Panel, System, Hardware devices.

The Generic PNP Monitor entry is normal for Windows. You do not need to worry about that.

Ok thanks chscag. Here's is the window showing the Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.