Boot Camp - Issues and advice (hopefully).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro. 4GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Core-2-Duo
Hi,

I've been running Windows Vista Home Premium via Boot Camp for a couple of months now, mainly to play the odd game (Age of Empires, Guildwars, etc), but I've ran into a few issues. I've had trouble installing any kind of update for anything, from Flash Player to Spotify and most recently GameRanger. It's only really became an issue since GameRanger packed in, so I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice. I've also been unable to install a Windows 7 upgrade I got with my Mac, which was a bit of a pain.

I'm considering simply starting again; uninstalling Boot Camp and picking up a copy of Windows 7. If I was to do that which version would be best for me? My MacBook Pro has 4GB RAM, 2.53 GHZ Core-2-Duo processor and an nVidia 9400 graphics card. Am I right in saying It'd be best for me to buy the 64-bit version to make the most of the 4GB of RAM? I was also wondering what the difference is between a standard version and an OEM copy of Windows.

Sorry for being such a noob, hopefully someone will know a bit more than me and be able to help me out. Thanks in advance,
Jack.

Reaction score
I wanted to boot camp my 2010 MBP 15" as well, and after 2 hrs of hard work....... I gave up. No matter how good the game is... it's not worth installing WIN7 or WIN xp onto it. Just too many problems.
But.... if you really were to install WIN 7, do the 64 bit. Why waste all the hardware?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.