Vip Error Cant Capture Via Firewire

W

Wu-way

Hello .

Since i have installed mac os x.3 i can't capture via firewire. Every time i try it makes dropframe and finds timecode breaks in the film before stoping the capture.

I cant edit without firewire :_(

My computer is a power mac G4 733 (the grey one) 256 MB
And the camera is a canon XL1

I 've installed panther on an e-mac and same problem, in that case i reinstalled jagguar and now works, have i to do the same at mine's? I resist to believe that i could not have panther at home...

Thanx for your time , i wish can someone help me.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't know if this will help, but if you are running 10.3. Try installing the 10.3.1 update. I believe there was a firewire fix included with it. Since I am still on Jaguar 10.2.6, I don't know for sure.

OP
W

Wu-way

Sorry i forgot to tell i am in os x.3.1 , now i am upgrading to 10.2.3 i wish it will solve the problem.

Did someone had the same problem?

I am opened to all suggestions i really need the firewire port as soon as possible.
thanx

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So you are now down grading to 10.2.3?

Are you using Final Cut , if so what versions?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just saw the following:

Mac OS X 10.3.2 released
December 17 - 19:40 EST Apple on Wednesday released Mac OS X 10.3.2 via the Software Update preference pane.
According to the release notes, the new update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for Mac OS X
10.3 Panther and is recommended for all users. Key enhancements include:

* Improved file sharing and directory services for mixed Mac and PC networks
* More robust printing to PostScript printers
* Improved font management
* Updated Mail and Address Book applications
* New ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
* FileVault, FireWire 800, WebDAV and USB Printing improvements
* Previous standalone security updates

So are you upgrading to 10.3.2?

OP
W

Wu-way

Yes i am in os x.3.2 and firewire problem persists. Could it be beacause of a problem of licenses? My system is not "original". Every time i install this in a computer is the same "sh**", but a friend of mine has installed my copy in his dual 1,25 GZ and it works perfectly.
Isn't there any F.A.Q talking about this firewire problems? someone told me that panther had some problems with canon xl1 but i didn't find any article speaking about this.
Thanx

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You may want to search either MacFixIt or MacInTouch for the firewire problem. You might check the Apple discussions boards, there maybe a resultion there.

You said the software works fine on your friends computer, I must assue that the two systems are not the same. The only thing I can think of now is doing a fresh install. wipe the system disk clean then install the software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.