sleeping after shut down?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHZ coreduo 1G RAM
only had my macbook for a few days and today I shut it down before class. about and into class I reached into my bag and felt the macbook's heat. I took it out and the sleep light was on.when I opened the lid the light would turn off but the macbook itself was off.yeah so it was hot and the sleep light was on after I shut it off...what does that mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Black with 2gb of RAM
TigerTooth said:
only had my macbook for a few days and today I shut it down before class. about and into class I reached into my bag and felt the macbook's heat. I took it out and the sleep light was on.when I opened the lid the light would turn off but the macbook itself was off.yeah so it was hot and the sleep light was on after I shut it off...what does that mean?

Hey mate. This has come up before and mine did it once too. You need to wait a few seconds after the screen goes black before closing the lid otherwise it seems to just go into some sort of wierd sleep state. Since I found this out and spent a couple of seconds waiting, it has never done it again.

OP
TigerTooth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHZ coreduo 1G RAM
thanks man...it worked

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.