• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple: Cook Moving Into Permanent Position? (Update)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I was reading one of the comments, and came up to one that stated something about Cook introducing the iPad2 and his new CEO position, as well as a new production plant in the US/Canada. I think a new plant here in the North American market would be awesome!

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I don't see Cook being the type to do the keynote speeches. I think Someone like Schiller would do them. But yeah if Cook does become CEO and Schiller becomes the Keynote man I would not be surprised at all. And I think this is good. Then it will get into people's minds that Apple is not just one man. Cause today, Steve does the keynotes, Steve does all the public and enterprise negotiations etc etc. Anything with a public face and Steve is there. I'd like to see the public face of Apple not to be the CEO.

As in Cook as the CEO and Schiller as the public face of Apple. And others like Forstall and Mansfield can come on stage from time to time to talk about their products. And Ive would just tinker away putting his genius to work. I don't see Ive as CEO or keynote speech material.

I dunno about the new production plant in the US though. But Apple has had a land grab of recent. And I think it's only time before they tell us what the land is for.

Can't wait for the puns to start rolling in if this is true.
"Apple will Cook up a storm with their next product"
"What will Apple Cook up next"
etc etc

C

chas_m

Listening to "business" types trying to predict Apple's future is always a good source of laughs.

I think Steve will be back -- but I actually do kind of wish he'd put in another year or two and then retire, maintaining a presence on the board and consulting but basically out of the picture and onto something else (as Bill Gates has done).

Which is not to say Tim Cook can't do the job -- though I think Schiller and Forstall would handle most of the PR in Steve's absence -- he most certainly can, but Cook is just part of a team (which I think he himself knows well). It would never work for long with ONLY Tim Cook, but the combination they've got there is sheer dynamite (seriously, some HUGE brains in that executive team). If they continue to play as a team post-Steve, they could easily maintain -- even surpass -- what Apple has accomplished.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.