New Mac Pro Released

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Awesome, thanks Nick.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Interesting . . . when I checked this morning it showed 30 Dec as ship date. That is a big change in just a few hours.

I read somewhere that the delays were due to a shortage of cpu's from Intel...and theories that the transition to "Assembled In USA" isn't going as smooth as desired.

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I read somewhere that the delays were due to a shortage of cpu's from Intel...and theories that the transition to "Assembled In USA" isn't going as smooth as desired.

- Nick

Surprises me they released under those circumstances, or it is selling better than anticpated. I did a configuration order at the Apple Store web site about 9:00 this morning, just to see what it would cost. At that time the site was listing 30 Dec as the projected ship date.
Checked this afternoon after reading your post and it was 14 Feb.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Surprises me they released under those circumstances, or it is selling better than anticpated.

I'm assuming something happened (unexpectedly) since the announcement in Sept./Oct. when Apple said that the new Mac Pro would be available in December.

What surprised me is...if someone at Apple felt the need to stick to that statement/timing...I'm not sure waiting until Dec. 19th was the best thing. I know that sometimes companies make an announcement like this (close to a major holiday) in the hopes that it will receive less media attention...and "blow-back" from consumers. Especially when they know they won't be able to satisfy consumers.

The consumer products companies that I've worked for would NEVER make a new product announcement/release like this basically right before Christmas. Mid/Late-November (Thanksgiving) and December are always big no-no's for this sort of thing. Unless it's a product like the new XBox or PS4 that depends heavily on Christmas sales to make a "Big Year".

AND...assuming that there were some new Mac Pro's in stock (either online or in stores)...not having enough of the them was kind of silly. Since it seems that if there were some in stock...the stock was pretty "thin".

Also (I guess)...the many Mac diehards can't say Apple fibbed back in Sept/Oct that the new Mac Pro was going to be available in Dec. (now that it's been "technically" released). I guess what Apple didn't promise was that enough units would be available.:(

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.