Pop up messages

Reaction score
hey so i am using a macbook pro, and i wanted to send a popup message to my brothers windows computer(vista). is there any way to do this via wifi?

Reaction score
Not really, not without having Windows loaded on your machine. If you had windows you could use NET SEND command to send a popup message but Mac doesn't have these commands.

Reaction score
Not without messaging software on both machines. I just got done writing software that will do this on a gov network across multiple devices. Sorry, it isn't possible.

Reaction score
You would have to find some sort of messaging software and use it like instant messenger. The alert program that we wrote runs a service in the background that listens for incoming messages and then displays the message on the screen. We wrote it originally for Windows (where I work net send is disabled) and then had to write a mac and solaris module as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.