• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Converting .MOV to .SWF For My Website's Intro

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been working on my own website, and I finally finished the "intro" video. I (sadly) use "Website tonight) to edit my website, and it says that "if I wish to upload a Flash introduction video, it must be in .SWF format".

My problem is, that my video is in .MOV format. Does anyone know how I can convert my .MOV video to .SWF ? And moreover, is there any converter for this, for free? (i.e Freeware)

Thanks In Advance.

(I have been searching the internet, but was unable to find anything close to a solution. Your help would be greatly appreciated.)

C

chas_m

It looks like Evom is a free solution that will do this for you. I converted a 22 minute MOV file into FLV is about 3 minutes.

OP
J
Reaction score
There is one problem, I need to convert my .MOV file to .SWF not .FLV

(I do however like the application! It's just not right for this specific task)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You'll need to purchase Adobe Flash if you want to author a flash file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.