Does this have anything to do with hard drive rpm speed?

Reaction score
I am a new Macbook user and i just noticed that when opening folders, it takes about half a second to a second for the subfolders to appear. It's not really a problem, I was just wondering if this is normal for the Leopard OS or if it is like this because the macbook i am using has 5400rpm hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
What OS - try another User - same prob?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Usually delays in accessing files/folders on your hard drive are related to RPMs, but half a second to a full second to open folders is a bit much. Should be near instantaneous. Is this happening with all of the folders or just randomly?

I have a 7200RPM drive in my Macbook, folders open the second I double click on them. Only time I see a delay is when I'm accessing external drives that have powered down and need a few seconds to spool up.

OP
G
Reaction score
I just checked and it happens to all folders. But once i've opened them once, the sub folders show up instantly when i try accessing them agian.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.