Colors Issue Printing Bus. Cards From MS Word

Reaction score
I print my business cards from Word, using my Macbook. I use the Avery Ivory Matte business card stock, and really like the results. I like my design and have been using it for years. Lately, something is up: the cards come out dull. I've done this across several different printers, so I don't think it is the printer. I have a new one now.

I tried using new cards, same deal; comes out faded and dull when it used to be bright and vivid. Could this actually be the Word document itself? Is there any reason why something would change over time and the cards would print dull, less bright?

Thank you for any ideas I can try to resolve this.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check to make sure that you're not printing in in "Draft" mode. That will definitely render the colors as bland and faded. I've done that myself by accident. (check printer options)

Otherwise it could be the Word document itself. Have you recently upgraded Word from say, 2008 to 2011? If you have, it might be better to use your original Avery template and redo your business card. BTW, on business cards and our bulletins I always use "bolded" colors for best brightness and stand out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.