DVD Writing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook w/ SuperDrive
2 Questions...

Does the macbook come with all software necessary for writing dvds, or do you generally want to buy some additional software (Toast 7) to accomplish this?

Also, would people here recommend getting the Applecare extended warranty package, or is the general one that comes with it probably good enough?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
1. Yes, as long as it has a Superdrive (on the Apple store, the only one that doesn't is the far left one.) You can burn Movie DVDs, Data DVDs, and Bootable disks right out of the box with a Macbook.

2. That's up to you. Do you gamble? Do you over-insure your car? You get my point.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook w/ SuperDrive
Thanks.

surfwax95 said:
2. That's up to you. Do you gamble? Do you over-insure your car? You get my point.
I think Murphy's Law applies here. If I buy the protection, I won't need it, but if I don't buy it, the thing will fall apart the day after coverage expires.

I think I will not buy the Applecare, because I'm wild and crazy like that. :ninja:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.