Little Annoying Sound ... Is this Normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz 250Mb Ram
Hello Everyone ... I was hoping for some clarification.

I have just purchased a 2007 MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz. I have been experiencing this REALLY weird digestive sound (for the lack of better explanation - or maybe like a short gurgling sound) coming from underneath my left speaker ... and echoing under my keyboard. The sound comes and goes ... sometimes more frequent than others ... but it only lasts for about 1 second. It's repetitive and freakin' annoying.

The sound is very slight, but you really notice it if you are in a quiet room.

My question is: Is this a normal sound of the computer working? Does anyone else have this?

The MacBook Pro works awesome, but this sound is REALLY just annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
It's not something i've heard on mine.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz 250Mb Ram
I was under the impression that the only sound that you should hear is the sound of the fan working and also the processing sound when something is running ... (like a normal computer)

So your saying this is not a normal sound?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
As i say i've not heard it on mine.

I don't even hear the fans running unless i'm doing something really cpu intensive.

If you have an Apple store or repair place take in and ask their opinion.

Also consider Applecare, buy from Ebay for around £100 less than Apple.

Reaction score
dude i have the same sound on my MBP, (i just bought it a month ago on amazon) but the sound is just to the left of the trackpad, the sound comes from the hard drive, i believe that there is something wrong with that sound but for now i'm holding off for a little more before going to the apple store..

it sounds like a low bubbly sound hahah i don't really know how to describe it!!!

Reaction score
I too been observing the same thing on MY MBP since past month or so.

I just doubt is it because of playing CPU/Graphics intensive game for a long time.
I was playing THIEF - Deadly Shadows since past month which is quite resource intensive (every day 2-3 hours (weekdays) and 4-5 hours (weekends).

Reaction score
Me, too!

I just Googled "gurgling sounds in my macbook pro" and came up with your post. I just noticed the noises tonight after using Skype. At first I thought my stomach was growling, but it turned out to be my laptop! ABSOLUTELY like an "organ recital". What to do? Do I need to worry? It seems to have stopped for a while, but it's pretty unsettling. Better back up everything again...

Reaction score
I just replaced the hard drive on mine to a 500 and I notice the same sound from underneith the speaker.... like a bubbling sound. really wierd. Any ideas what this is?

Reaction score
Glugging

Hi.

I've had this and tracking it down nearly drove me berserk. In my case it was a sporadic glugging sound like an airlock or the onset of a plumbing disaster!

With me it turned out to be a Skype thing. The glugging sound was apparently to alert me that a contact had appeared online.

I disabled it through Skype - Preferences - Notifications and de-selecting the Play Sound Box for Contact Becomes Available.

Easy, but not obvious.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.