macbook pro battery problems

Reaction score
hi i seem to have a problem with my macbook pro when i plug in my charger it says (not charging) but when i unplug the charger and the battery gets low (10%) if i plug the charger back in it still says (not charging) but the battery percentage goes back up to 60% and stays there until the charger is removed, i would be greatfull for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Big Sur V.11.2.3 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2019) 3.1GHz 6 Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB DDR4 SSD,
Sounds to me like it may need to be calibrated. Finder, help, Mac help and search calibrate battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
Check the number of cycles on the battery. I think you may have a bad battery though.

Click the apple in the top left of the screen. Click "About This Mac". Click "More Info". Then one the left side click "Power". In there you should see battery information. Just copy and past the whole thing and post it in your reply so i can get a better idea what is going on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.