• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

mp3 file renaming software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 500Gb, 2.66GHz. iPhone 5 32Gb, 16Gb iPod Nano, 8Gb iPod Nano
hey everyone, so my PC died and my dad (against my wishes) tried to reformat it and ended up reformatting both my windows partition and my other partition with all of my music and pictures on it. I have switched over to a Mac and managed to recover my music however they were all renamed stupid filenames by the recovery software (named such as FIL003.mp3.)

I have 1900 files and I don't really fancy renaming them individually as it will be a very arduous task. So, I was wondering if anyone knows of any software (preferably free however I am willing to spend a moderate amount on a good program) that can automatically determine the song name and rename the file to a format of my choosing (ie. rename the song Artist - Song.mp3)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Chris

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 500Gb, 2.66GHz. iPhone 5 32Gb, 16Gb iPod Nano, 8Gb iPod Nano
thanks for that, Kevriano.

- Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I use MediaRage Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.