macbook pro wireless printing issues

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Just taken the plunge and bought my first mac, a macbook pro running Snow Leopard.

Can someone please tell me how to get my mbp to talk to my netgear wgps606 wireless print server? I connected to my netgear wireless router almost straight away (after a slight issue with the passkey) but am unable to set up the netgear print server because the setup disk wont play on my mbp !

I did some research and found instructions from the netgear site for the wgps606, but this involved pinging the server from the mbp...which i dont know how to do wirelessly !! is there a method of setting up the mbp to do this?

Can anyone help ? Please? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
One important thing: go into System Preferences > Sharing and make sure Printer Sharing is enabled. When it is, try to print something. A dialog should come up. In the dropdown menu next to "Printer:", select "Add Printer...". Usually my network printers are under "Default" in the window that comes up.

Hope that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.