Existing Problems with out going macbook

Reaction score
I've read alot of reviews and looked through all the vidoes on youtube caputuring the problems of some macbooks. With hundreds of reviews it's hard to tell sometimes what's up to date and what's not.

So what i'm looking for here and hope you guys can help me out with is:

1.) What problems have been address and fixed
2.) What problems are still there and if there are any new problems with the current macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
You may not to read this but you asked for current information. As you indicated with hundreds of reviews its hard to tell what is current, so I will give you a bit of information on my MacBook.

To begin I had read about may of the problems that people experienced. However I spoke with several people here that had experienced no problems at all.

So I took the leap and purchased the following machine.

MacBook 1.83 Gz Core 2 Duo 2Gb ram.

Problems that have been fixed, or are still there? I have had none machine has worked perfectly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Which problems have you watched videos of? There are a three that I can vouch for:

* discolouration of keyboard: fixed - new keyboards on all machines since last August
* random shut down: fixed - both new hardware and firmware update last September
* overheating: fixed - new firmware to control fans better

Are there any others? I was an early adopter and got a macbook that literally suffered ALL the reported problems. After a couple of months Apple replaced the machine and the new one has been spot on. I haven't had a single problem with it that's not been my own fault :)

Reaction score
no problems here. ive had my macbook since the middle of september and it runs the same as it was when taken out of the box... the 2 gigs of ram has made everything less taxing on the machines resources also by the way.

OP
M
Reaction score
Which problems have you watched videos of? There are a three that I can vouch for:

* discolouration of keyboard: fixed - new keyboards on all machines since last August
* random shut down: fixed - both new hardware and firmware update last September
* overheating: fixed - new firmware to control fans better

Are there any others? I was an early adopter and got a macbook that literally suffered ALL the reported problems. After a couple of months Apple replaced the machine and the new one has been spot on. I haven't had a single problem with it that's not been my own fault :)

Those were the main issues I was concerned with. Thanks for the info. I might end up going with a Pro as in this day and age I just can't justify spending all that money on a computer the uses integrated graphics. But we'll see.

If I do go with a MB I'll probly go for the black. I like the looks of it better and it's only $50 more.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
white macbook purchased in, uh... was it october?

core duo 2.0Ghz
1Gb memory
80Gb HD
superdrive

no problems at all other than the occasional windows habit i had to break.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
I haven't had any problems with mine and I have had it since Christmas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.