Using Mac Mini as a server...

Reaction score
Hi guys... Alot of my clients login to their computers on the road... I run a small business so we have 4 computers and files on everyones computer... Would it be wise to get a server and start working directly off that when in the office? And also access that when on the road

My setup is this... I have 2 iMacs in the office, the main one I work on and the other just to use for extra power i.e. rendering, testing etc...

I have a MacBook Pro also which goes home with me everyday, I'm finding that I need files at home so have to copy things over at the end of the day...

Everything runs of the one iMac... This is why I thought it was better to get a server of some description as I feel as though I'm always copying things back and forth. I also run an accounting software which I always need to access on the road, so not sure what I would do there... Would I install that onto the Server if you think getting a server is the way to go?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.