What kinda mouse do you use with your ibook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
i'm looking for a good mouse to get. any recommendations? is it worthwile to get the apple mouse?

thanks!

C

ChicoWeb

I prefer a 2 button mouse. I just have a microsoft optical mouse. I like it alot with the the back and forward buttons on the side.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
is that microsoft mouse the standard optical mouse?

thanks for the reply. i saw a mouse available from microsoft @ best buy but it didn't have buttons on the side. do you have the exact model name?

S

sonicj

i use the logitech mx700 i think on my pc and love it. mouse is a very personal type of item. i had a hard time getting used to it at first, but it quickly grew on me.

E

eekimus

sonicj said:
i use the logitech mx700 i think on my pc and love it. mouse is a very personal type of item. i had a hard time getting used to it at first, but it quickly grew on me.

I have the same mouse. I've always been a logitech fan, as I've had had a few bad experiences with Microsoft mice. I love the MX700, its comfortable, tho slightly heavy, it has a recharging base thing, which is awesome. The main setback is that its chunky with the recharge/reciever, so it isn't the best mouse to carry around. If you want to buy a mouse now, get the bluetooth mx900, but if you carry your computer around a lot, u should reconsider.

Sonicj, are the silver markings on the buttons wearing off on yours :eek: ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Logitech MouseMan Optical Wireless. Pretty good. Both on the desk and on the road.

Reaction score
When I get an Apple(still undecided on which) I am going to get a mouse from macmice.com, probably just the corded model since I probably won't get internal bluetooth and don't want the external bluetooth thing.

C

code777

as much as i like the standard Apple mouse, why didn't they incorporate more buttons!? I'm so use to the scroll wheel and 4 buttons i use with my Dell - but i'm not complaining so ...

Reaction score
code777 said:
as much as i like the standard Apple mouse, why didn't they incorporate more buttons!? I'm so use to the scroll wheel and 4 buttons i use with my Dell - but i'm not complaining so ...

Thats why I like macmice.com they have the same style but with a scroll wheel and 2 buttons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah MacMice's mice look pretty smooth. I have a Kensington Optical Elite and absolutely love it.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I use the Targus **** small mouse. Thats not the real name, but it really is **** small. I think its called the Targus Optical Mini Mouse. I want a Logitech MX900, but my pockets are empty.

Reaction score
I like the MX1000, it is a very nice mouse but $80 is a lot of money for a mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9
The Apple mouse is way too expensive. I'll either buy a cordless mouse (mx700 or mx1000) and then use my mx500 for my iBook, or I'll buy a cheap wired notebook mouse.

M

m1k

I have a PowerBook, which is close enough to an iBook...

I use the Apple USB Optical Mouse, and I actually really love it. It feels much more solid than other mice I've tried, the click feeling/sound is wonderful, and I never find myself missing that right click or scroll wheel (except in games, maybe). Best of all, it's stylish, which rocks :)

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Guys,

Just fyi for anyone looking to get a wireless notebook mouse I have have just exchanged the Logitech Wireless Notebook Optical mouse, the sliver coloured one, for the microsoft wireless notebook mouse. The reason why i exchanged the Logitech one was it was simply not comfortable for my hands and I do not have big hands at all. I think it had to do with the shape of it which didn't suit me as well as the fact it was heavy b/c it used two AA batteries. However, now that I am using the Microsoft mouse, I can say that the pros on the Microsoft mouse is the fact it is much lighter using 1 AA battery as well as much more comfortable to hold b/c it is shaped more ergonomically for my hand. The one thing that the Logitech has an edge over my Microsoft mouse is that it has a slighty better scroll wheel and it glides a lot smoother over my bed than the Microsoft which is not very good at that. But for me the tradeoff is worth it b/c i really do need ergonomics and am willing to invest in a wired mice for home if i have to. Just sharing some experiences with those looking for a good affordable mouse but do not have bluetooth or want to spend that much money on bluetooth technology.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 700MH, Mac mini 1.66GH core duo, iPod 5G 60Gig
I've always just used the trackpad, never bothered with a external mouse. I'm thinking of getting one of those nice bluetooth ones, but I heard that the signal drops sometimes and the thus the pointer movement isn't smooth.

Could anybody who uses one without a base station, just using the built in ibook bluetooth support, please let me know if this is a legitimate concern?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.