My Printer is not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2.26ghz MacBook 6,1 Late 2009 250GB HD 8GB ram, Mavericks, 30GB Ipod Video, 16GB Iphone 5 ;-)
I have an HP Photosmart 4750 printer that stopped working. I know this isn't a Mac product but I wanted to know if anyone can help me with my problem or point me to the right direction.

The printer turns on but doesn't boot all the way. The loader button on the printer just keeps on loading but nothing happens. Does anyone know how to go about into fixing this problem? Thanks in advance.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
In my experience, HP consumer-level inkjet printers are designed to be disposable. My last HP inkjet lasted about 18 months before it started not being able to pull a single page of paper, blowing through an entire ink cartridge in 5-10 prints and then eventually not being able to finish booting up. In all of my research, I found that parts are not generally available for the consumer-grade printers.

So, in short, my recommendation would be to just scrap it and start looking for another brand. I would recommend Canon or Epson.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.