Folder name Truncation over an all mac network.

Reaction score
Ok, Im a novice but im not a total idiot here, just to let you know where Im at. I work for a small company that has a 4-5 computer ethernet network that runs through a cisco firewall/router then out to the net. All the computers (2MAC Pro, 2 Imacs, 1 G5, Linux Ubuntu Server) can see each other over the network. NOW, when My boss (of course it has to be him) trys to look into data folders on the main production computer (Mac Pro) Man of the folder names will be truncated and some are out right missing. From the Mac Pro end every thing is fine. Also when looking into a raid on the Ubuntu server the same thing happens. But again on the home computer these folder names are fine......I have atached a screen crab to show what this looks like. The screen grab is looking at a folder in a raid drive on the ubuntu server......The some thing happens from Mac to Mac as well....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.