Admin. Acc't trouble - HELP!

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Please help this aging, non-tech boomer. I’m running iMac with OS-X, v.10.5.8. When I first got it, I set up my admin. account without a password (just hit “return”). When I installed PhotoShop Elements, I found I didn’t have access to all the features (different brushes, etc.). On a hunch, I set up another admin. acc’t but this one with a password and put PSE in the new acc’t. There, it worked just fine, but now I have to work from one account then the other and transfer files from the account with PSE to the account with the printer. For Xmas, I got a new version of PSE and would like to get this straightened out before I load it. Any suggestions on the best way to rectify this situation would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks TONS

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You can manage passwords for your accounts using the Account icon in System Preferences. Seems to me that all you need to do is set a password on the original account, remove PSE from the newer account, delete the newer account and install PSE.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.