Problems with Full restore using Time Capsule backup???

Reaction score
For some reason my MacBook Pro recently crapped out completely, and I am trying to do a complete restore of the OS via a full backup I made with using Time Machine onto my Time Capsule disk, but I am running into some problems doing so and I was hoping someone might have some insight as to how I should deal with things at this point...

Here's where things get messy...

- I insert my Mac OS X 10.5 Installation DVD into my Macbook and boot from the drive, and I immediately choose the menu option to 'Restore from Time Capsule Backup'...

- After logging into my Time Capsule and then choosing the proper .sparseimage file to restore from, I click 'continue' and it brings me to the screen where I choose where I want to restore to (which in my case, is the one and only internal HD inside my Macbook Pro)

- The bottom of this window tells me that it's "Calculating space required to restore data..." but it simply hangs at the point with a spinning wheel indicating its still doing the calculating, but never actually presents me with the space required, not does it allow me to click continue to perform the restore?? I've allowed it over an hour to calculate the space required and it still just spins its status wheel...

This is where I am stuck at this point, and I have no idea how to get it to proceed to the next step to allow me to perform the restore??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I will have no choice but to do a complete reinstall (including all apps and data) if I can't get the backup restored... Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.