Help with Adobe Reader opening in browsers

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to sign some forms for my new employer, and they require Adobe Reader to be opened within the browser. They provided me with a nice little link to AdbeRdr1011_en_US.dmg, which I downloaded. I installed the package, restarted my computer just to be safe, and tried to go to the website again. I've tried on Safari, Firefox, AND Chrome to no avail...it still says I need to download Reader! I'm not sure how to proceed, as I do not have a PC around and I really need to get these forms signed ASAP.

I am running Adobe Reader 10.1.1 on OS 10.6.8 with the latest Chrome, Firefox, and Safari updates.

Thanks for any help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need the Adobe Plug in for Safari or the other browsers you mentioned. Here's the download link for Safari. Install it and try again.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You can get to the Mac extensions page from within Safari by going to the Safari menu and choosing Safari Extensions. Unless I missed it I did not see anything that appeared relevant and it looks like that page does not have a search function.

I was having the same problem so I did a quick google. I didn't find a relevant extension but I did find PDF Browser Plugin for Mac.After limited testing it appears to work fine on my Lion system. The first tim you use it a nag screen appears but it is free when used non commercially.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The Adobe Reader plugin only works with Safari and you have to enable it in the Reader preferences. I don't have it installed but look for something in the preferences that has to do with "internet."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.