Macbook won't install

Reaction score
My entire Ilife series of applications decided not to work and kept on crashing one day, i decided it was time to clear the disks and just re-install everything. I put the disk in, held down the c button and it took me to the installer page, i then checked "Erase and Install" in the installer, The installation failed so i restarted the computer and tried to do it again, but now when i try to install it i get to the "select destination" page and there is no disk, when i go to disk utility my drive shows up but is in RED, it has done this previously but this time it says it has a fatal hardware error, when i did the hardware test there was no problems, now i can't even install anything.

Help me

-Mac noob.

OP
D
Reaction score
The disk Utility won't fix my drive, how can i reset it?

i need help urgently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Reboot from the install disk and go to Utilities and run Repair Disk from there and see what is reported. It may well be the HDD has gone to drive heaven. I trust you have everything backed up to an external hard drive? External drives are vital with so much music, photos etc saved to a drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.