Unable to share windows printer...Help!

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am trying to share a printer connected to my Windows Vista operating system over our home network with my Macbook. I have been working on this for 2 days and have been quite unsuccessful. I hooked the printer directly up to my Macbook and was able to only print test pages and nothing else. I imagine there is some communication error. I have installed and uninstalled the drivers for lexmark and it still is not working. The printer does print from my PC just fine. Can someone please help me with this...I am willing to start this all over again...I dont know if I missed anything. All my firewalls are down, but I do believe it is something on Macs side.

Tracie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Know all about the frustration with Lexmark printers which are not really supported on Macs despite what their techs and web site states. Apple did release some Lexmark drivers in the past week or two and it will help us search for drivers Tracie if you would advise the model Lexmark you are using.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.