macbook won't start

Reaction score
Yesterday I was on my macbook (that I bought this last january of 08) and I noticed that my ac adapted light was not on, it wasn't red or green. It said on the screen "not charging". So unplugged it and plugged back in. You could tell the ac adapter was giving it power but it wasn't charging the battery.

So I looked it up online and I find somewhere that I should unplug the ac adapter, take out my battery, hold down the power button for 5 seconds, put back the battery in, plug the ac adapter again, and then proceed to turn it on.

SO I did that. Now my macbook won't turn on at ALL. It doesn't even make a sound, it is dead. No matter how long I hold down the power. The ac adapter still doesn't light up and when I push the battery button it shows one green light so I know there is some battery power. It just won't start.

Any Ideas out there.
I could use some Help!
thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.