• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

mouse speed !! help!!!

Reaction score
why the swirly gigigigigigigigi is my mouse speed out of control.. its only on the 2nd to lowest speed level and its super fast!!!

something has got to be wrong! what happened to my computer its totally I LOVE MONKEYS up real bad and I think my keyboard might even be slowing down..

both blue tooth wireless of course

I tried restarting.. new batteries.. disk repair... whats up?

M

MacHeadCase

Pretty hard to help here if we don't know the OS version, the Mac and the Bluetooth peripheral models...

OP
J
Reaction score
OS X latest version.. Blue Tooth Wireless mouse... and keyboard Powermac G5

peripheral models?

M

MacHeadCase

1- The keyboard and mouse models... Are they 3rd party or Apple's? Because it could be the driver software behaving strangely for some reason.

2- When did the mouse and keyboard behaviour change? Did you install new software recently?

3- Could there be anything interfering with the Bluetooth signal?

4- Latest version being 10.4.8?

OP
J
Reaction score
both apple models not 3rd party... not mighty mouse either..

cant remember installing anything... just started when i turned on computer...

as far as i know there are no other interfering signals

no new software...

this is driving me crazy!... im about to take it into the apple store in the next few days anyway for them to repair my cd-rom and clean off the hard drive anyway.

thanks for helping me

M

MacHeadCase

Well unless I'm mistaken, if your mouse is Bluetooth and is an Apple mouse it has to be a Mighty Mouse.

Just a thought here... Do you let your Mac on at night (not in sleep mode) so Tiger can perform the maintenance tasks? If not you might want to download Santa Software's MainMenu utility.

With this utility, you can run manually the maintenance tasks and you can clean up your user cache and the system's as well.

Another thing to try... Create a new user account without any Admin privileges and see if the mouse and keyboard are reacting strangely in there too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yes - you're mistaken:

The original apple wireless mouse was bluetooth based and only had one mouse button.

So maybe it really is wireless interference causing the issue.

I'd delete the pairing and try to set it up all over again.

OP
J
Reaction score
no.. there are no other mouses interfearing i know this for a fact.. Unless you are saying that the actual Keyboard might be interfearing with the mouse.

S

samoan_ridah

Anyone else have problems right-clicking stuff? I use the right-click all the time and it constantly hangs up or takes forever. I have a wireless mighty mouse, btw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
Anyone else have problems right-clicking stuff? I use the right-click all the time and it constantly hangs up or takes forever. I have a wireless mighty mouse, btw.

bluetooth is slowww sometimes happens to me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.