Photo booth not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20"
Hi,

I've got an iMac 20" with Photo Booth and when I try and start it I get an error message saying that the camera is in use by another app and I must close that first.

However, I don't have any other apps open so there's obviously a conflict somewhere.

Where can I look to see what resources use the Photo Booth camera so I can edit them out ?

Thanks for the help and sorry if this is a silly question.

KRs

Jon

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20"
Anybody got any idea on this one ? I still can't get Photo Booth to work and I've tried uninstalling loads of software.

Is there a way to check what programs are running in the background so I can figure out where the conflict is ?

Thanks in advance

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
not sure about your actual issue, but to see what's running you can go to the apple manu and select force quit. this should bring up a window of apps that are running. i believe there's another way with a tool in applications/utilities, but i don't have access to my mac right now.

there's probably a good way to do this in terminal too, but i don't have that kind of experience.

a side note: is the isight light on before or during the time you try to start photobooth?
is it the built in kind?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac G5 1.9 PPC 17'
I have a very similar issue. I have a iMac G5 1.9 with MAc chip. Isight included. How do I get Photo Booth or will it not work on that machine. Do I need the INtel Dual Core? Have os 10.4.9 and ilife 06. Thanks folks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
You could also re-boot your Mac to start with

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.