Two simple problems but its annoying me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 28inch, quad core, 4GB Ram, 1TB HDD
1st and fore-mostly my main problem is:-
I am filling in a form I was emailed and i've opened it up in pages, I have got to a section where I have to type my phone number. For some reason when I finish typing it and click off the field, Pages automatically deletes the zero from the start of my number. How do I stop it from doing this?

Secondly, My mac when I put it to sleep, often when I try to wake it, it does not respond, i.e Press the mouse button, keyboard or button at the back. But nothing happens. I end up having to hold down the power button at the back and just restart the mac.

Any help,advice on either problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
1. I have Pages '08 - with the cursor in that cell of the table - I assume it's a table - open the Inspector - click on the Table icon in the Inspector, the title will change - select the Format tab - change Cell Format to Text instead of Number.

2. run a repair permissions if you haven't done it in awhile, it shouldn't fix it - but I've seen stranger things

then try a PRAM reset

Reaction score
Yes, you need to check your configurations. Make sure they haven't changed from default

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.