Another GCC thread about $PATH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Leopard - MacBook Pro
Hey folks,

I'm new here and I really would like your help as I'm a little stumped with this one...

I'm trying to install darwin ports and got the error that there was no C Compiler... I've downloaded and installed xcode and it appears that there is a string to this in PATH.. but sudo port -d selfupdate still tell me that it can't find it...

Here's the jazz....

Macintosh-3:bin ribo$ ls -a | grep gcc
gcc
gcc-4.0
i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1

Macintosh-3:bin ribo$ pwd
/Xcode2.5/usr/bin

Macintosh-3:/ ribo$ echo $PATH
/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Xcode2.5/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin
Macintosh-3:/ ribo$

*** ? Any help would be appreciated as I'm 3 hours into this one and still a litte fuzzy headed from NYE :) !

R./

Reaction score
Had an answer, then re-read the post.
Can I delete this post?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Leopard - MacBook Pro
Had an answer, then re-read the post.
Can I delete this post?

I'm a little confused as to why you're asking this.... obviously no one has replied yet so why would you delete it ?

Reaction score
Because I thought I had an answer and posted it. Then reread the post and changed it because it wasn't relevant. Wanted to delete the post entirely but it wouldn't let me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.