Safari and Mail Crashing

Reaction score
Safari and mail not opening
I did something a bit stupid today. My Safari kept on crashing so I downloaded the update which was incompatible with my version of OSX which is panther. Now whenever I try open Safari or Mail the icons bounce in the dock but nothing happens I have dumped the Safari preferences and used disk utility to repair permissions. I have also dumped the existing incompatible Safari and downloaded an earlier version.
No success yet, anything I can do which doesn't involve rebooting the operating system from the startup disks?
I have a non intel ibook G4
Here is the crash log.

Host Name: iBooks-Computer.local
Date/Time: 2008-04-16 10:58:36 +1200
OS Version: 10.3.9 (Build 7W98)
Report Version: 2

Command: Safari
Path: /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari
Version: ??? (???)
PID: 564
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

dyld: /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari Undefined symbols:
WebKit undefined reference to _NSExcludedElementsDocumentAttribute expected to be defined in Cocoa
WebKit undefined reference to _NSViewAnimationEndFrameKey expected to be defined in Cocoa
WebKit undefined reference to _NSViewAnimationTargetKey expected to be defined in Cocoa
WebKit undefined reference to _kMDItemWhereFroms expected to be defined in Carbon
WebKit undefined reference to _kSecAsn1AlgorithmIDTemplate expected to be defined in Security
WebKit undefined reference to _kSecAsn1IA5StringTemplate expected to be defined in Security
WebKit undefined reference to _kSecAsn1SequenceOfAnyTemplate expected to be defined in Security
WebKit undefined reference to _kSecAsn1SubjectPublicKeyInfoTemplate expected to be defined in Security
WebCore undefined reference to _kCGImagePropertyGIFDelayTime expected to be defined in ApplicationServices
WebCore undefined reference to _kCGImagePropertyGIFDictionary expected to be

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.