OMG Yessssssss! New Mac user here!

Reaction score
My black Macbook arrives tommorow!

I cannot wait. It will be my first mac ever. I've maybe had a total of 10 hours my entire life on a Mac, between using the computers at my school, testing sites on safari at work, and messing around in the Mac store.

I cannot wait to get started. I plan on hanging out in these forums a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Congrats mattf87 and welcome!! You're going to love your new blackbook :) Please post pics if you can!

T

todd51

Congratulations Matt and welcome to Mac-Forums! I know you'll love your new Mac when it arrives tomorrow, and let us know how it runs for ya!

Pics would be beautiful! :)

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, mattf87! We look forward to having you hang out with us! :girl:

And welcome to the Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Welcome- good to have you here!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
You're going to like it very much! I'm only slightly jealous of my wife's black Macbook, but for some reason the white one is more than cool (and useful to the nth degree!)

Reaction score
My black Macbook arrives tommorow!

I cannot wait. It will be my first mac ever. I've maybe had a total of 10 hours my entire life on a Mac, between using the computers at my school, testing sites on safari at work, and messing around in the Mac store.

I cannot wait to get started. I plan on hanging out in these forums a lot.

I just got a MBP and I love it! You will not regret it.

Reaction score
Well congrats but you are not welcome (I had to do something different then everyone else :)

But seriously... WELCOME!

OP
M
Reaction score
Woohoo!

After a couple hours on this thing I'm hooked. It was kinda different at first but after learning the whole .dmg file dragging thing I think I'm good.

Definitely way easier to use than Windows. I must have installed/downloaded 10 applications within half an hour or less. Definitely too many steps on a PC to get it done that quickly.

In fact I think I'm just about weaned off of the PC now. I went back to my desktop to burn some files on a disc that I needed to transfer and couldnt help but think to myself how pointless some of the steps are.

At the moment I am very happy.

Reaction score
Woohoo!

After a couple hours on this thing I'm hooked. It was kinda different at first but after learning the whole .dmg file dragging thing I think I'm good.

Definitely way easier to use than Windows. I must have installed/downloaded 10 applications within half an hour or less. Definitely too many steps on a PC to get it done that quickly.

In fact I think I'm just about weaned off of the PC now. I went back to my desktop to burn some files on a disc that I needed to transfer and couldnt help but think to myself how pointless some of the steps are.

I have been weened since my first day. Amazing how easy it really is to switch. There is one program I need for work where I must use parallels. The only other program I used everyday that I cannot use now and I am pretty bummed about is the yahoo music subscription.

Otherwise I am golden.

I have realized that it is not really that MAC is easier it is just that it works. Simple and easy.

Congrats and have fun!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
WELCOME! Sounds like you are a quick switcher. Glad you're having a blast with your new MacBook. Come back often, this is a great community for Mac lovers.

Reaction score
Congrats on the switch! I recently made the switch myself. Sounds like you'll be an Apple Fanatic in no time like the rest of us :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
Woohoo!

Glad to here that! I just received my MacBook on Tuesday, what a wonderful feeling it is finally get it in your hands! Do you have any pics of the new system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro
Hello, I'm so glad that there are lots of happy Mac users. I'm a switcher. Just got my first Mac in the first few days of 2007. Had been planning the purchase since May, 2006. It wasn't an easy attempt. Had to look at different models, pricing, features. It was exciting, nonetheless.

Barely a month, I've been getting annoyed by Apple Care support people whenever I call. Called 3x so far because I've gotten stuck. Mind you, I'm very happy with the Mac. But I guess as I explore new horizons using the Mac, I need to consult and/or assistance, right ??? But the two guys I've spoken to haven't been rather rough on the edges. I guess I had high expectations on Apple and I'm very disappointed by the Apple Care support.

Got me the Mac Book Pro. I'm now back to using my desktop PC and listening to the radio, having parked my ipod in the drawer for now.

Hope you don't mind my sharing my experience here.

Reaction score
Hello, I'm so glad that there are lots of happy Mac users. I'm a switcher. Just got my first Mac in the first few days of 2007. Had been planning the purchase since May, 2006. It wasn't an easy attempt. Had to look at different models, pricing, features. It was exciting, nonetheless.

Barely a month, I've been getting annoyed by Apple Care support people whenever I call. Called 3x so far because I've gotten stuck. Mind you, I'm very happy with the Mac. But I guess as I explore new horizons using the Mac, I need to consult and/or assistance, right ??? But the two guys I've spoken to haven't been rather rough on the edges. I guess I had high expectations on Apple and I'm very disappointed by the Apple Care support.

Got me the Mac Book Pro. I'm now back to using my desktop PC and listening to the radio, having parked my ipod in the drawer for now.

Hope you don't mind my sharing my experience here.

Yeah but at least they speak English :)

Ok, I have had some of the same experiences. To be honest, I have NEVER depended on ANY type of corporate tech support. It never does any good. To me they are only good to replace devices, parts or systems. When it comes to ANY OS support, program support, etc. I depend upon the user community and my own experience.

It is a hard lesson, I think all of us, have learned from the windows world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
at least there human on the other end
and your not pressing 1 - 9 buttons to a stupid robot :mad:

Reaction score
Definitely way easier to use than Windows.
Now there is an ah-ha.

M$
icon13.gif

Reaction score
When it comes to ANY OS support, program support, etc. I depend upon the user community and my own experience.

QFT. Apple tech support exists to fix broken stuff in my computer. Helping make things work better, solving problems, or understanding the system is done much more effectively through Mac-Forums.com (and I'm sure other communities as well, but I only read here).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.