MacBook Black 2ghz heating

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 1,66 + iMac 20" 2,16 + MacBook 1,83 (512 mo, 2Go, 1Go) + iPod Shuffle/30Go
Hello everyone,

I am sure that this has been posted about a million times but I wanted to ask all the Black MacBook users out there if thier macBooks would heat up fast near the USB connection area and if the fan was always turned on???? I bought one a couple of weaks ago, and it seems to be getting worse and worse. The fan used to onl turn on once in a while and now it is continually on. Also when I play WOW the computer seems o heat up like crazy and the fan goes bezurk. I had an iBook G' before this and it never made this much, unless the HD was working for a while, but here it isnt the HD it seems like it is the Core2Duo processors that are heating up. I have a friend that has the CoreDuos and it isnt doing this so I jut wanted to make sure if this had happened to anyone else.

Thanks

Nick

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
have you installed the recent macbook firmware updated from apple?

also, any time i play any game requireing even basic 3d modeling, my fan ramps up and never quits. the processor really works hard since there's no dedicated video.

OP
shamanFR
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 1,66 + iMac 20" 2,16 + MacBook 1,83 (512 mo, 2Go, 1Go) + iPod Shuffle/30Go
Well if the latest firmware was included in the latest update then yes, otherwise no.... I will go check out apples.website. its funny because even when I photoshop with dual screens, a 20" external, it makes less noise, weird.

Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.