iPhone 4 suddenly changes volume in car

Reaction score
I have 32gb iPhone 4 with the Belkin TuneBase Direct iPhone car dock in my 2008 Honda Civic LX.

The dock charges my phone and plays it through my car stereo via aux-in.

Whenever I reach around 65-75 MPH the volume will suddenly dip and then go back to its original volume. I notice that when this happens, the volume bar on the screen of my iphone will go down and then back up.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering why is this happening and how I can fix it.

Any help is appreciated!

Reaction score
I know that some car audio systems automatically adjust volume based on speed due to increased cabin noise. I don't know if your car is equipped with such, but if so, could it be that the system is acting up?

In either case, I would think it would be more likely that it's something in the car's system rather than the iPhone.

Have you connected any other audio source to your honda and tried it under the same conditions?

OP
A
Reaction score
My car does have that same system. I'll try turning it off and see if that helps.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
I do know the phone volume will also dip slightly if an email or message comes in, causing a noticeable volume decrease for a second before returning to normal. Don't know why this would coincide with your speed, or it may just be coincidence. Is your car emailing you to slow down? :)

OP
A
Reaction score
So I turned off the Speed Volume Control option on my car stereo and the volume still dips.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.