Importing photos - new mac user

Reaction score
Hi! I want to import my son's pictures into my own mac account. We share a mac computer and each have an account. The pictures are in his account and I want to use those pictures to create a slideshow. I can't find a way to access them. MY questions:

1) Is there a way to get those pictures over to my account without removing them from his account to use in a slideshow.

2)He has the pictures also on his ipod. Can I sync from that into my own account if need be? I get nervous b/c it says something about replacing the pictures, I don't want them deleted from his ipod.

I am a new mac user (from years of pc use in which I am very proficient and now feeling like a big dummy).

Thank you very much for any assistance! (I am on a MacBook, three years old, and he has a 3rd Gen. Ipod)
Michelle

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hi! I want to import my son's pictures into my own mac account. We share a mac computer and each have an account. The pictures are in his account and I want to use those pictures to create a slideshow. I can't find a way to access them. MY questions:

1) Is there a way to get those pictures over to my account without removing them from his account to use in a slideshow.

2)He has the pictures also on his ipod. Can I sync from that into my own account if need be? I get nervous b/c it says something about replacing the pictures, I don't want them deleted from his ipod.

I am a new mac user (from years of pc use in which I am very proficient and now feeling like a big dummy).

Thank you very much for any assistance! (I am on a MacBook, three years old, and he has a 3rd Gen. Ipod)
Michelle
Copy the iPhoto library to a shared folder and then both of you can access the same pictures.
Mac 101: File sharing

C

chas_m

If this is a one-time kind of thing, might be easier to just COPY the pictures into a folder inside the Shared folder, then move them into your own account rather than permanently change the iPhoto library into a shared one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.