questions on my G4

Reaction score
hi I just bought a older powermac G4 dual 533mhz desktop and have some questions.
1. this mac as final cut pro 4.5 on it and i want to know if this mac is capable of running smoothly when editing. it has 768mb ram and a 140gb hd oh and ati rage pro graphics card.
2. will my 20.1 viewsonic monitor work with it I was told yes but just want to check.
oh and the reason for buying a older one is b/c cant afford the amazing new models. and when i do need a new one they will probably have something better to buy.
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, 2GB DDR, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, Super Drive
the only thing you can do is

try FCP on it and see. Should run ok on a dual. Also as long as the monitor is VGA and you have a VGA port there should be no problem. Monitors are pretty much universal. Only much older models had proprietary monitor connections.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks another thing is if i upgrade to a faster dual processor like a dual 1.5ghz will i need to to reinstall the os and fcp ? or what?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.