Help water on my computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 12in 1gig RAM + 24in Imac 2.16 2.5 gig RAM Leopard
Um my friend got water my old laptop, a toshiba. (thankfully not on my ibook). Problem is that everything seems to work but the wireless. What to do now Just let it dry and pray or is there something else that i can do?
thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
remove battery, dont turn on, let water drain, upside down is good, dont hairdry it you want to avoid the humidity that will be created....these are just my suggestions i dont know what exactly is best but it is what i would do.

also your friend, no matter how good a friend, deserves a punch in the arm, leg back or face
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
coach_z said:
also your friend, no matter how good a friend, deserves a punch in the arm, leg back or face
-chris

haha one punch only - that's the rule. Also they are banned from having any liquids within 50 feet of your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
If it still doesn't work later on, I'd say your friend owes you an PCMCIA Wireless card, or USB...

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 12in 1gig RAM + 24in Imac 2.16 2.5 gig RAM Leopard
Thanx for the replys. Actually i gave her the computer to use for a while, since i have my ibook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
I spilled a drink on my first iBook. It worked fine for a few weeks, but then I started having problems. First the CD-ROM drive went, then one of the USB ports stopped working, and finally, about two weeks later, the the hard drive died. If I were you, I'd back everything up now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.