How to make more HD space for my ibook?

M

mac*

i have only got 30G for my harddisk,after get the panther installed, and some MP3, only left with 17G.Are there any way i can make more space, such as delete some build-in software,please give me some suggestion:) :D :eek:

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
What do you need more space for? That's plenty!

OP
V

vuschejan

Yeah ive got 14.65 gigs left on mine and its fine but if you really need the extra space get an external. As far as making more, well, you cant do that. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I have 3.2 MB left on mine. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
17GB free on a 30GB disk means it's more than half empty...I don't really see your problem, that's plenty enough.

@Strider:
Did you mean 3.2GB or really 3.2MB?!? In the first case, you should consider cleaning up your HD, or maybe replacing it with a bigger one. In the second case you definitely need to do a big clean up!! with only 3.2MB left, your system must be running terribly sluggish...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well, if you're worried about running out of space in the future, you could try deleting things like garageband if you don't use it (takes up 1GB i think) etc etc, but in the long run, you might want to consider saving for an external harddrive...

OP
A

altano

Just get rid of iDVD. The iBook's don't have a dvd burner, so I don't see why you would need a huge dvd authoring software package. :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Try DeLocalizer. Which will remove the non-American English localization resources. This should free up some space from your system disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.