TAB question about IE, Firefox, or Safari

Reaction score
when i am entering information online, ie. "name" address" "select your state," i always use the tab button to navigate to the next line and enter information.... however whenever i push tab and the next line is a drop down menu like "select your state" why can i not use tab to select my state?

with windows i could always just push tab, type "c" for california, and then it would choose california for me and i would push tab again to move on... but not on this OS..

is there any fix or patch i can get to let me to what i want?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
You may have to go into Safari Preferences (Command+,) and click the "Advanced" tab, then turn on "Use Tab to select each item on a page".

Maybe that will do it?

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks for the quick response. it did work in safari where i can just push the arrows to select my state..... however i could not find the same feature in firefox. do you know if there is a way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I don't use FireFox, so no. I haven't found a website yet that can't load in Safari.

J

jn4jenny

Embarrassing: I've been a Powerbook user for over two years and never knew how to turn this function on! Rep point for surfwax

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.